Отдельное сообщение
Пред. 31.12.04, 12:09   #37
Келебрин
old timer

Аватарка Келебрин

На форуме с: 01.2003
Келебрин is an unknown quantity at this point
Рад, что переубедил относительно "схемности". А Толкин к китайской философии отношения не имел. Зато имел к христианской:-)

Про истинную тему ВК: "I do not think that even Power or Domination is the real centre of my story. It provides the theme of a War, about something dark and threatening enough to seem at that time of supreme importance, but that is mainly 'a setting' for characters to show themselves. The real theme for me is about something much more permanent and difficult: Death and Immortality: the mystery of the love of the world in the hearts of a race 'doomed' to leave and seemingly lose it; the anguish in the hearts of a race 'doomed' not to leave it, until its whole evil-aroused story is complete. " (письмо 186)

"But I should say, if asked, the tale is not really about Power and Dominion: that only sets the wheels going; it is about Death and the desire for deathlessness. " (письмо 203)
Центральная проблема ВК - смерть и бессмертие.

Истинная суть конфликта для автора (хотя я согласен, в тексте это не проявляется) - право Бога на то, что божественные почести могут оказываться лишь Ему: "In The Lord of the Rings the conflict is not basically about 'freedom', though that is naturally involved. It is about God, and His sole right to divine honour. The Eldar and the Númenóreans believed in The One, the true God, and held worship of any other person an abomination. Sauron desired to be a God-King, and was held to be this by his servants; if he had been victorious he would have demanded divine honour from all rational creatures and absolute temporal power over the whole world. " (уже многократно процитированное письмо 183)

По Льюису, основная идея – «развенчание власти». Впрочем, сам Толкин писАл, что это не совсем так.

И просьба: вас не затруднит не выражать своих политических пристрастий в данном разделе форума?
Келебрин оффлайн   Ответить с цитатой из оригинала